St. Edward's is a Voluntary Aided Catholic Primary School, maintained by Leeds LEA. We cater for children aged from 4-11 years. The school exists to serve the children and families of St. Edward's Parish. We have pupils on roll from Boston Spa, Bramham, Thorp Arch and Wetherby.
The school was inspected by Ofsted in July 2008. Ofsted rated the school as "outstanding" overall, and gave every area of school, including, teaching and learning, leadership and management, curriculum provision, and care, guidance and support, the grade, "outstanding."
The first St. Edward's was opened in Clifford around 1864. The present building on Westwood Way, Boston Spa was opened in 1974. It is a light, spacious building surrounded by playing fields and mature bushes and trees situated in the pleasant village atmosphere of a semi-rural locality. There are 152 pupils currently on roll.
The friends of St Edward's, our hardworking parent's association, greatly enhanced the grounds for the children with the construction of a beautiful millennium garden. The garden is well stocked with a wide range of flowers and shrubs and is the focus of many nature studies throughout the year.