Digital Leaders 2023-24
Their main roles include:
* Supporting staff and other pupils with technology.
* Promoting e-safety.
* Promoting school events
* Advising staff on e-safety issues in the wider school environment such as social media and app usage.
* Testing out new equipment and resources.
* Improving their own understanding of technology and programmes.
* Sharing their knowledge and skills with others.
* Helping to shape the use of technology within school.
* Act as e-ambassadors.
* Working with Miss Welburn (Computing Co-ordinator) to report IT issues.
Benefits to the Children
* Get even better at using technology.
* Develop leadership skills.
* Identify opportunities and overcome challenges with ICT.
* Teach staff and students across the school.
* Trial and evaluate new equipment and services.
* Work with Digital Leaders from other schools.
* Have a platform for expressing their ideas and opinions.
* Develop a growth mindset.
As well as on-going projects, each half-term will have a different focus. (Spring 1= E-safety, Spring 2 = School Life)
In addition to this, the digital leaders will hopefully participate in national digital initiatives (e.g. BBC School Report, BAFTA Young Game Designer)